Annyeonghaseyo!!!

Annyeonghaseyo!!!

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New focus.

Happy New Year to all!
I realize most people tend to avoid the cliche of "resolving" a goal for the New Year. I however, think that it is great to get your focus in check. While I am not necessarily setting a specific goal for myself, I AM returning my focus to what is Important to me, to my family, to my life here on Earth.
It is all too easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays and get off track... starting in November. That is little over two months of hoppin and boppin around trying to get to all the holiday parties, gift shopping done, and food... alll that fooooood! I must admit that my own focus tends to waver from Christ and on to the moment. I get so caught up in my surroundings at times that I forget to eat the Bread of Life. I forget to take a sip of much needed Living Water and I get dehydrated and famished. You do some crazy things when you are malnurished and thirsty. I recognized my need for God's word, for prayer, for supplication and adoration and confession and repentance and TIME. Just plain time with the Lord. With my Savior and Redeemer. Time. I need to focus on setting aside that time again.
So join me in setting down that magazine or remote, and lifting your eyes, praise, prayers and hearts to Christ.

***On a side note, I resolve to try and update the blog a tad more often... ;)
LL

No comments:

Post a Comment