Annyeonghaseyo!!!

Annyeonghaseyo!!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God has a great sense of humor!

The past month and a half has been quite the roller coaster ride of ups and downs. We started off the year waiting for the contract to teach in South Korea. Once we were excepted into the program, we were notified by the director of education that Taylor's passport had an error. In a day or two we sent off our revision application not knowing how long it might take to arrive.(Praying it would be here with plenty of time to get our Visas in order.) Well, by the grace and speed of God, it showed up four days later with the correct birthdate! Hooray! While trying to purchase tickets, we were faced with some scarily large numbers, but God made a way, and we were able to snag three tickets for less than the price of ONE ticket on comparable airlines! Then came a low blow as we were attempting to sell our car. The title was lost. Taylor looked for that thing for days on end. We finally relented to the fact that we would have to replace it at our own expense. But.... God came through again! Taylor and his dad were moving things out of storage and on to new homes... when low and behold... the TITLE! Again, God is GOOD! Well of course that was not the end of the story you see, for when we applied for our Visas, they HAD to get lost in the mail...for about a week! :) Alas, just when Taylor and I were beginning to freak again, God showed us who was really in control and after we lifted it to the Lord, it appeared in the mail the very next day!
In addition to these events, there were several smaller issues which we encountered. Do you think God was trying to tell us something? If it is His will... it WILL be done! :) God is working hard on my stubborn spirit. I try sooooo hard to be in control and He is not having any of it. God is the driving force behind all we do, yet we refuse to give Him credit. Well God, You have my attention! I am no longer taking for granted the fact that You are in control of it all, I lift my life to You and will Praise You for YOU ARE GOOD!
As we prepare to take off in a few hours, I ask in prayer that I continue to trust in the Lord for my provisions and KNOW that He is in full control. That God's Will shall be done regardless of my short-comings. That God can work through my strengths as well as my weaknesses. "Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"
~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment