Annyeonghaseyo!!!

Annyeonghaseyo!!!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

What is BIG, black, and terrorizes our home?...

If you guessed Spiders... you are correct. We have spiders that have been showing up as of late that lurk through the house at night. Their chubby bodies are about the size of a nickel and the legs are short and stubby. They are pitch black, hairy, and have HUGE eyeballs! While Taylor is disgustedly afraid of them, Corin is hysterical when catching sight of one. I do not claim to enjoy them, but they are slow enough that I don't have to really chase them. I just put a shoe on and wipe up the remains with toilet paper before flushing. I have tried to identify them online, but so far, my best guess is that they are large black "house" spiders as the internet so lovingly called them... which aparently are harmless. I have my doubts though. Yesterday I spotted one peeking out of it's hole. I have seen these little holes in the walls in the sunroom before, but wasn't sure what might be dwelling in them until now. I went and got a bottle of hairspray and doused the hole where the spider had his front legs hanging out. It retreated into its cave and has not been spotted yet today... but again, I think they are creatures of the night. I plan to pick up some caulking at the store this week and do some "patching up" around the house. Haha. I suppose we were bound to have some sort of bugs since we live on the first floor out in the country. I am just thankful it is giant spiders rather than giant cockroaches... those things gross me out! Taylor and I lost a couple of brooms to those nasty creatures in our very first apartment off the lake. Yuck. Spiders... I can handle! ;)
LL
P.S. I'll try and get a picture before squishing the next one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment